What is SORA Training
As of 2007 SORA training is mandated in for all contract security positions throughout New Jersey. SORA training is a 3 step process to be completed within a 30 day period. These steps currenly include registration with the NJSP, completing a 24 hour training program with a NJSP certified instructor, and fingerprinting. Proper government issued identification is required for each step and though a credit card is not required it is HIGHLY recommended.
What does SORA Training include?
The SORA training course includes but is not limited to the following subject matter:
- NJ Guard Training Services Orientation
- NJ Attorney General’s Use of Force Policy
- Terrorism Awareness
- Cargo Theft
- Security Measures: Prevention and Deterrence
- New Jersey’s Critical Infrastructure Awareness
- Suspicious Letters and Packages
- Suicide bombs and Vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED’s)
- First Aid Awareness
- Incident Command System
- Report Writing
- Street Gangs
What are the SORA Requirements?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses a valid photo ID with valid expiration date, i.e. NJ Drivers License, Passport, etc.
- Must register and posses “Temporary Certificate of Registration as a Security Officer”. This registration is issued by the New Jersey State Police. Go to: https://eapps.njsp.org/applicant/logon.do this is the State Police and logon to get your temporary certificate. You must pay for the certificate when applying.
- You must also be fingerprinted at a state licensed agency and that application will provided with your temporary certificate. You then have 30 days to complete the process which includes your SORA class. We recommend that you schedule your class first and then apply for your certificate.
REGISTER NOW FOR DEC 3RD CLASS